Former Astronauts Weigh In

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2010/02/05/2195827.aspx

I'm with former shuttle astronaut, Tom Jones, who wrote: "He expects that China will pursue increasingly ambitious space goals and become the next country to send explorers into deep space. We will watch, helpless to follow."

This is my prediction too, which is why I think in the next presidential election this will be an issue:

Who lost the space race to China?

Then there is Burt Rutan, whom I also agree with:

"I would support a restructuring of goals and funding so NASA can be allowed to perform like the '60s on space Research and on Exploration. There is not a shred of evidence that the president sees any value in those goals."

I think Obama will be vulnerable on this issue in 2012.

Comments

Popular Posts